1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Connection Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by VIE_BelleStarr, Nov 14, 2011.

1. VIE_BelleStarr

VIE_BelleStarr Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So, I'm going to basically try to give you guys some insight on what I have attempted to fix this issue of mine that I have been experiencing lately.

I'm not sure when it started, or why but at some point Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer started kicking me out of matches and free roam sessions that are filled with other players. I have a PS3 and I have changed my NAT type to NAT type 1. At one point, I decided to contact RockStar about the situation. When I did so, they sent me information that I already knew. So, I went to PSN for a little help and they seemed to be helpful as well. The email that was sent to me is in the link below.

file:///C:/Users/Wand/Desktop/RDRemailhelp.jpg

This didn't really work on the first try, and at this point, I was ready to chuck the PS3 through the window. I went on a short 3 day vacation this weekend to the beach, and when I came back, I guess the game felt generous enough to let me back into the PvP matches. I took yet another 2-3 weeks off, and came back only to find that I'm not longer allowed into PvP matches and Free Roam sessions. :damnit:

I had an extended conversation with one of my friends about my situation and he pointed out that I was able to play MW3 and Black Ops with little or no connection issues at all. I wasn't really thinking about that...but anyways, it started to make me wonder about this myself. So, we assumed it had something to do with RockStar's servers. Basically I'm here to ask you,why can't I play any RDR matches?

I have read other threads about this issue and found that it also has something to do with other players connections as well, but it still doesn't really answer my question to my full understanding.

I'm in a PS3 clan and I would like to partake in the clan activities. If anyone can help me in any way, that would be greatly appreciated.

2. StephenMillan-RKC

StephenMillan-RKC Ace of Klownz

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 3 / -0
    NAT 2 is best for ps3 games
    have u tried opening ports
    u can get port settings online
    1 of my friends was having this same problem
    and he used open port settings now he has no probems
    i will find out which port settings he used tomorrow and
    post them on this site hopefully it will help
    with peoples connection issues

3. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,612 / 85 / -6
    NAT 2 is best for PS3 like stephen said. Also it's best to be directly connected with an ethernet line to the modem. WiFi can be affected by too many things and can REALLY screw up your connection.

MW3 and BO use different methods to bring users together on a server, which is why you can find games there.

Also go to speedtest.net and tell me your results

4. VIE_BelleStarr

VIE_BelleStarr Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  5. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,612 / 85 / -6
  6. VIE_BelleStarr

VIE_BelleStarr Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do have a wifi connection. I have read around that I should connect the modem straight to my PS3, problem is the fact that it's in my roommates room connected to her computer, so I would feel weird barging in and taking it from her.

I've tried different accounts, and overall I get the same outcome. I have noticed that the game will allow me into matches and free roam sessions with a small amount of people in there, but when more players join the session, then I get kicked out of the match. So...it must have something to do with other players connections and mine, right?

7. jaydog7714

jaydog7714 Gunslinger

Ratings Received:
    +151 / 1 / -0
    I am connented with wireless too and have many problems.sometimes it helps to delete everything you can. Games,search history,msgs.freinds,ect.

8. PUBE_SOX

PUBE_SOX Career Criminal

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    wireless is lagging on purpose