1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Red Dead Rebellion - 2014: Tell The World!!

Discussion in 'Red Dead Discussion' started by Tomahawk Soldier, Aug 28, 2012.

1. TequilaFire

TequilaFire Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,700 / 25 / -0
    He doesn't work there his cousin does. lol

2. jason

jason Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    yup

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vette

Vette Corvette The Great One/The Muhammad Ali of RDR

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 25 / -10
    I think we're due for an update on info.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jason

jason Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    stephen is rite cuz i red that tomahawk said its a different place with tumbleweed in it

5. jason

jason Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    then agian tomahawk never said or promised that this is all 100% guarunteed to2 be legit

• Like Like x 2
  6. TequilaFire

Ratings Received:
    +1,700 / 25 / -0
    Well he basically was talking about a meeting where they were kicking ideas around and that
    some could be subject to change before actual game production.

• Like Like x 2
  7. jason

jason Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    yeah i know producton probably hasnt started yet at all

8. jason

jason Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    well have to see about it

9. GrendelsWish

GrendelsWish Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hello! Don't hate people. Tomahawk stated that he was handing us hear-say. Nothing he said was false for there is no truth yet. All was speculation at the time even amongst R* employees as the discussions were just beginning. And if Tomahawk was still BSing all the way, why would he not be here for months. Apparently, his cousin and he got slapped with a gag order or his cousin was threatened termination. Him not being here suggests that he in himself was legit. If that was solely his imagination, i think he has a novel to write so he can sell some rights. Now that that is said: Here's my WISHFUL THINKING.

Female Protagonist: Yes Please. Women were greater creatures back then as well. They were tough! They were resilient! They fking pushed people out from between their legs with no drugs and buried their children and kept going! They did what the men did to build a home when the men weren't around and lived their lives under the thumb of their iniquity. However, i think it should Not be a single protagonist. I'd like the lead role to be divided by two and only two characters. 1 male. 1 female. No relation. Cause let's face it, when it comes to riding and shooting and roping and the stuff that made the old wild west the legend it is, it was a man's world. In today's world of equality, did you ever see a woman in a rodeo event that was more than just prancing a horse around? Women simply were trying to not die. Any more than 2 chars would thin the solid storyline too much. An ecclectic storyline isn't a bad thing, but Revolver claimed that. And I think we've found that a story of a solitary char is more potent. If the male, Charlie Devan, be a pure criminal, i want to be able to play an alternate one who is benevolent.

One thing about the rumoured storyline: Hackneyed! C'mon! "I left and tried to lead a straight life, but it keeps pulling my back in." It's okay if your trying a game title out and your first attempt is "Some one shot my pa" But with the professional magnitude of R*, can't they buy a more original kind of story? Sure they can. Redemption wasn't the freshest of notions, but its not like everybody and their mother made a western film about it!

Taking a prostitute into your bed: Great! I was walking around in Redemption and had the urge to take a women home. I was reminiscing about Fable and how i got to have a women waiting at home to give me some love. I'd like this sentiment to transcend into Rebellion! I don't just want a whore here and there, i wish i could have a homemaker too! Maybe mother to my hypothetical children.

Place: i dont care. As long as it's as beatiful as Redemption. Now i realize R*s creedo on free roam games, but ponder this: What's wrong with having an area like in Redemption, but you can take the train to a whole different area, like Missippi, that you would never want to ride your horse too? I mean cattle driving went from Mexico to Montana. And I think even Billy the Kid has been from Kentucky to California. What about Jesse James, an iconic wild west figure, right? He wasn't a 49er. I'd like to be in a few places where I have the hopes of interacting with these different atmospheres. I know you can't have all of the Louisiana purchase generated at once. So, Rockstar, why not break your own boundaries if it leads to a fuller experience. I hope we get that signature R* free roam but can switch territories.

Fishing: we gotta be able to get some fish.
    Swimming: more importantly, we gotta be able to not die if we hit the water. WTF, Redemption, is this water or lava?! DEAD?! In almost any cowboy movie, the cowboy will trek his horse across some type of body of water! Nuff said about that.

Hats: i want to be able to upgrade my hat to the one that just fell off the guy i shot! True, the char creation will take care of the desire for the hat i want, if there is a char creation; but if not, at least gimme hats. Plus, I think it will amp up the excitment if some stranger who crosses my path recognizes the hat of his buddy that i killed. Now i got trouble :) ALSO imagine if you were running from lawmen or another gang and could duck into a saloon, throw on a poncho and that other Hat you picked up and blend into a group at a poker table, or any table. And I've evaded some trouble, unless a fellow at the table recognizes the hat I'm wearing as that of his dead friend :D
    Seats: I like to be able to sit wherever i see a seat. It's just bonus fun. How? Well if you need it to tie into gameplay, how about you can sit and other characters see that as an oppurtunity to present themselves, like that wench you want to bang serving you drinks, or a man wanting to pick a fight, or a lawman needing a deputy, or salesman that can sell you an elixir of some sort. It's just fun to make your toon do things you can relate to, ok, like fishing.

Wagons: why not own a wagon that you can keep?
    Horses: How come you never need to get your horse some water? Oh yeah, cause water is deadly in Redemption! Games seem to always neglected the dynamic of needing sustainance, or defecation. Let's fix that to some degree, just in this game of the natural struggle of the wild west. You think it's too tedious for gameplay? You may be right. But if heads come together, i'm sure it can be done effectively in a fun way. At least get the horses some water, even if its just for fun. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't"... er, you can't even lead him to water, wtf?

Panning for Gold: Anybody? Nah i guess not.

Thanks for reading. I hope Tomahawk can see all our suggestions and maybe relay the message. Wherever you are Tomahawk, i believe in you!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. GrendelsWish

GrendelsWish Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    R
    other R words that can be use with Red Dead to make the next title

Retribution
    Resolve
    Rocketsauce
    Resilience
    Resistance
    Redo
    Revelation
    Regurgitation (if they use balabored story premisis)
    Ricochet
    Republic

What do you think of some of these? I jest of some but others are seriously marketable. What can you think up?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,624 / 85 / -6
    Rocketsauce and Regurgetation. That sounds great lmfao.

12. Vette

Vette Corvette The Great One/The Muhammad Ali of RDR

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 25 / -10
    Retribution & Revelation sounds good. So would Revolution.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Colt

Colt Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Please if you have any say in this don't let them make this game in the 1900s. It is really hard for me to consider 1905 in the western era. People I have talked to have said they would like it better if the game was in the 1870s or 1880s. I personally think that the game should have a little bit to do with the Civil War but not to much because it is sopposed to be a western. These are just my thoughts and i'm sure others feel the same.

14. Colt

Colt Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I am not trying to say jason was wrong but I think the West in movies and video games was not in the 1840s it was right after the Civil War in 1865. Another thing the 1920s was not the west, it was hard for me to consider 1911 to be apart of the western era. The reason people call it the Wild West was because there was not a lot of law that's why there were a lot of outlaws. If you read the back of the case of Red Dead Redemption it said the west was dying that's because there was a lot more of Law and Order coming into play. I would say the west died out in The late 1890s or the early 1900s.

15. Colt

Colt Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yea I agree when i'm bored in school I will start thinking about the game and what all the cool stuff I will get to do.

16. Colt

Colt Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yea I don't know what is going to happen although i do hope they contrinue the series and thanks for inviting me. This is confusing as heck, I'm new to forums.

17. Colt

Colt Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I don't see why someone would go this far to tell a lie I mean he put a crap load of information on here unless he just decided one night he was going to do this and sat down writing a bunch of bull crap I don't see why he would do that.

18. Colt

Colt Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    He said that you will visit Tumbleweed once during a mission meaning that the characters in the game will probably bring you to Tumbleweed during a cutscene or something and he also said that you would not be able to visit it again meaning that rockstar will probably block off the section where you got to Tumbleweed with a huge river or mountains.

19. KittyKAT15234

KittyKAT15234 Career Criminal

Ratings Received:
    +650 / 9 / -2
    AC3 has cubs!!! but u can't hunt them. i killed its mom. fealt so bad!!! i know thats not what your talking about but it was horrible and i had to share

20. TequilaFire

Ratings Received:
    +1,700 / 25 / -0
    The spinners have already turned the game into Red Dead Revolution! :headshot;

• Like Like x 1