1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Newbie to Free Roam

Discussion in 'Glitches and Bugs' started by TitanJeff, Nov 14, 2012.

1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 4 / -0
    I've been playing the Single-Player most of the time until recently I ventured into Free Roam.

Besides discovering I am a horrible shot, I find a lot of other players must be glitching big-time. Last night, I shoot a guy like 10 times before he turns and kills me. Had to be invincible and, after joining this forum, find that there are a ton of glitchin' mofos out there.

RDR really should do a non-glitch mode. I wondered if a bunch of you from here every get together. I'm okay with getting killed as long as it isn't from a glitchin' mofo. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Give a Beer Give a Beer x 1
  2. Ariel_Massacre

Ariel_Massacre Super Human Zombie

Ratings Received:
    +514 / 6 / -0
    He/she could have been glitching, but there's also a chance they were not. Since you're late to the game, you just wouldn't know that it tends to take more shots than it should to kill someone (servers aren't the same now); I always go for the headshot, and if one doesn't do the trick, it usually takes anywhere from 3+.

As for your question - yes, a bunch of us do get together, quite often!

• Like Like x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 4 / -0
    I put six in his back from point-blank range. ;)

I'd love to find more novice players for some private free roam.

4. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,616 / 85 / -6
    Yeah 10 odd shots is a wee bit weird. Ariel is right though if they don't go down in 1 then it may take 3+ shots. It also depends on the gun you're using.

If you're new to free roam your first pistol is a cattleman and to be honest that is pretty much the worst gun in free roam. Even a point blank headshot will take 2-4 on a good connection.

We don't have a ton of free roamers on this board. We're mostly the gangmatch sort. I personally enjoy free roam, so you can add me if you're on PS3 and we can do some hideouts :)

Usually you'll just have to skip around free roams until your find a nice posse willing to let you in. Otherwise you get picked on. I hate friendly free roam, but it certainly makes it hard for glitchers to kill you (even though it's not impossible).

5. G-I-JEZUS

G-I-JEZUS Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 6 / -0
    do some undead overrun and get good at headshots then hit up gangmatches, only way to plasy really, or just dive right in stay away from deadeye and R1

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 4 / -0
    I don't use the deadeye much but learning without R1 will be a challenge. I've been playing around with R1 then bumping up the aim with the stick before shooting.

• Vote to Kick Vote to Kick x 2
  7. Mvp-Machiavelli

Mvp-Machiavelli Career Criminal

Ratings Received:
    +699 / 88 / -4
    Run n' Gun. Don't use R1 if u want to get better, seriously!!!!!!! you will become a better player for it, and won't get voted to kick ^_^ unless you playing in a match with ppl who do the same!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Retr0J

Retr0J Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I totally agree with you - I was in Fort Mercer minding my own business (killing locals) then this fella rocks up on a horse and stands outside - he gets on his mic and order I leave - I shot him in the head as a response but he didnt die nor did the 8 other shotgun shots I managed to land as he charged in. Followed me through the rest of my time there just killing me over and over....it was kinda annoying to say the least!