1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Donate Thread - Where does it go?

Discussion in 'Suggestions/Comments' started by Persht, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,616 / 85 / -6
    How to donate?
    Simply click this link below.
    Donate
    Your donations help make this forum sponsor and advertisement free (I've tried to avoid it for a very long time).
    It also provides the community with funds to produce contests and buy more add-ons for fun.

Current Donors can be seen here and praised :)
    http://reddead.us/donate/donors

You may donate anonymously as well by talking to me privately.

Other ways to donate
    There are numerous ways to donate. If you don't have funds a clear and easy way to contribute to the community is by donating your TIME. Just make some posts here and there. We love new chatter!

You may also donate gifts for contests in the future such as game rental subscriptions, PSN cards, XBOX points, Steam credit, and much more. We're gamers there's nothing gaming related that we all wouldn't appreciate.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For Red Dead Us alone (not including MP3/GTA-V)
    Hosting with WSWD.net - $5.99/month
    Domain(s) with Godaddy - approximately $30-$35/yr (depends on coupon availability)
    Xenforo Forum software - Was $140 upfront but costs $40/yr to keep updates and support.
    Android Developers License - One time fee of $25.00
    iOS Developers License - $99/yr
    CometChat License (donated by TequilaFire) - $50
    Numerous add-ons purchased from 3rd parties on Xenforo
    XenForo Resource Manager - $20

Approximate amount paid since January 30th, 2011 $706
    This is from old hosting to new. Includes all of the above plus some add-ons. I'm pretty sure it's higher but this is all I can remember so far.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where do your donations go now?
    Donations received as of now will go towards
    - Hosting and domain renewal fees.
    - Saving up for next iOS renewal
    - I would very much like our cometchat license to be upgraded so we can make it mobile friendly. I feel it'd be utilized more if we had that option. Chat was one of our defining features in the beginning. EVERYONE used it. Now with less players it sees less action, but if we had a mobile chat we'd be catering to our lazier users and new android/ios members.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was paying this out of pocket which isn't too bad if I budget myself monthly.
    @TequilaFire has donated for the iOS license and the CometChat license. A very big commitment and i appreciate it immensely :)

I do not include my time to develop, maintain, or other programming related expenses. But as many of you will know I'm almost always on this website whether it's from my phone or directly via the PC.
    I find it worth it because this is a sort of weird hobby. Some people buy parts for cars or collect cards... I develop communities for an assortment of things.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TequilaFire

TequilaFire Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,696 / 25 / -0
    Thank you for cleaning up the donate section that looks much better!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vette

Vette Corvette The Great One/The Muhammad Ali of RDR

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 25 / -10
    Hey TF donate me $200 I'm really sick :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. TequilaFire

TequilaFire Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,696 / 25 / -0
    Sorry, mental disorders are not covered by your policy! :) jk