1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Dueling Tournament!

Discussion in 'Events and Tournaments' started by travilanche, Mar 1, 2013.

1. travilanche

travilanche Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    On the advice of Boosh, I decided to post here on these forums, to try to drum up some new participants. So here goes...

[​IMG]

Yes my friends, it is time again for another dueling tournament. Want to test your aim and your speed in this most classic of wild western style standoffs? Then this competition is for you. The rules for the tournament are as follows....

1.) Chose your weapon. Either the Schofield revolver, the volcanic pistol, or the semi-automatic pistol

2.) Stand across from your opponent 12 paces. Your place will be marked for you before the duel by the referee (me).

3.) With your gun in your holster, stand still and take your aim at your opponent., as if it were a standoff in a hardcore shootout.

4.) When the referee fires the shot then the competitors draw their guns and shoot.

5.) There is to be absolutely no moving during the duel. You must stand still until someone is dead. If someone moves it will be counted as a foul and the duel will be redone, regardless of whether or not someone died.

6.) The last person standing will be declared the winner of the duel, and advance to the next round.

The Winner will be declared the new dueling champion, of which KCjr is the current.
    The tournament will take place on Saturday, March 9th at 3:30 P.M. Central U.S. time which is 9:30 P.M. GMT.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask me either here, at Rockstar-forums.net, or via P.M. on the PSN.
    I hope to see you there!.

• Like Like x 5
  2. TequilaFire

TequilaFire Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,696 / 25 / -0
    Hi Trav good to see you, this should be a lot of fun!

3. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,612 / 85 / -6
    Ill promote it :) I work at that time so I cant make it :(

4. DooDoo

DooDoo OG: Original Gluesniffer

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. booshthelurker

booshthelurker Mediocre Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 2 / -0
    If at all possible I'll be there. For now assume I'm in.

6. travilanche

travilanche Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Spots will be reserved for anyone who asks to have a spot reserved in this thread.

Also, if you have any ideas for dueling locations, I am open to suggestions. Traditionally, I hold the rounds in either towns or grave yards. But if you have a spot that you think is cool, let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  7. booshthelurker

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 2 / -0
    How about that place in Mexico where you can kill the npcs... Casa something

8. travilanche

travilanche Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Casa madrigada. It will be added as a round.

• Give a Beer Give a Beer x 1
  9. booshthelurker

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 2 / -0
    I like people being able to kill npc's without fear of lawmen pursuing. It lets them screw around when impatient without the lure of killing their fellow contestants.

• Like Like x 1
  10. travilanche

travilanche Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    You've got 4 more days to prepare for the tournament! If you're looking for a place to practice, the shooting range behind McFarland's ranch is the best place. Just go there, line your shot up with the tin cans, and start drawing. That's what I always do to practice before these tournaments.

• Like Like x 2
  11. travilanche

travilanche Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I'm still looking for spots to do the dueling rounds. If anyone has an idea post it here and I will check it out. The towns are all great, but I'm looking for places that are a little more "rural" this time around. Mescalero will probably be a round

12. booshthelurker

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 2 / -0
    DOOOD!
    I can't make it. Gonna be working... :banghead:

13. travilanche

travilanche Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Don't feel too bad, Boosh. I'm gonna start doing these more often if this one goes over well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. booshthelurker

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 2 / -0
    I actually might be able too. Pencil ok' booshthelurker back in. Yeah, I DID just refer to myself in the third person... Lol

15. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,612 / 85 / -6
    Yeah I was hoping for more RSVPs but most events go like this - they're on, they're on sort of deal. lol
    I still wish I wasn't working >.> lmao I've promoted this on facebook. Got a few likes. Got quite a few clicks via the site. So people are interested it's just they're not RSVPing -.-'

16. booshthelurker

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 2 / -0
    A lot of success happens on PSN. Many regular RDR players seem to have little interest in message forums. We will definitely see a full room. Getting it set up in a timely manner... A whole other story! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. travilanche

travilanche Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The tournament went well. There were 8 participants and Cels0 won. It's his 2nd win. I will probably do another one of these in a couple weeks or so and hopefully more people from these forums will sign up.

It's alot of fun folks. Even if you get knocked out early, it's fun to watch the duels.

Thanks to everyone here who did show up. (I'm lookin at you, Boosh.)

• Give a Beer Give a Beer x 2
  18. booshthelurker

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 2 / -0
    Yeah man!
    It was a good time. I always have fun hanging out and watching/listening. TBH I'm pretty sure I have never got past the first round, but I always love the event. FFS my wife knows about this shit lol.

Yeah, I wish more people from here would join. It's friendly competition, and the winner is always given due props by the losers who are totally cool with the result. It's unlike much of the competitive aspect of RDR MP.

Anyone who thinks they have RDR skill I challenge you to free aim draw without being aloud to move and win one of these. No auto-lock, no rolling, no strafing, nothing but aim quick or die. Can you handle it? Yeah, but even if you lose you'll have fun. ---No room for excuses here---

Dope times Trav, and thanks for hosting. :couchpotato:

19. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,612 / 85 / -6
    People are likely afraid of the hardcore side of it, but it's really not too hard in a controlled and stand still situation.
    I'm disappointed in the folks who want more events from the site members, but won't participate when there is one -.-

FOR SHAME! *points fingers at you lurkers* Oddly enough the only member with lurker in his name, showed. hahaha
    Maybe if we throw in a prize next time it'll force the shy lurkers to join (of course I'll donate the prize).

20. booshthelurker

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 2 / -0
    Rumor has it Travilanche will be hosting another dueling match this Saturday at 3PM CST...
    I'm sure he'll swing by and make the official announcement. I urge all who don't take themselves too seriously (yah know the trash talking children) to join in.
    Tis even pairs well with other events if anyone is interested - Poker, Dice, horse races, etc.