1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Roam Can't get into multiplayer anymore!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ronnyhenri, Aug 22, 2013.

1. ronnyhenri

ronnyhenri Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I simply just can't get into a multiplayer session at all! Every time i get the same error message. "You were kicked because of connection issues with other players". My internet connection haven't been changed the last years, so why am i getting this shit!

2. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,616 / 85 / -6
    You should definitely check your nat type just to be sure.

3. ronnyhenri

ronnyhenri Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My NAT type hasn't changed since May 2010 when the game came out. Its NAT Type 2.

4. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,616 / 85 / -6
  5. ronnyhenri

ronnyhenri Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I didn't realise since now, but if it says "you where kicked because connection issues with other players", then it must be other players with a NAT3 who are causing this. That is the only explanation i can think of. I played online yesterday for 3 hours, no problem.

• Give a Beer Give a Beer x 1
  6. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,616 / 85 / -6
    Yeah with the game getting older and older, there are less people to connect to. I often find myself in empty sessions in the beginning, then people start connecting and I'm happy :)

7. ronnyhenri

ronnyhenri Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    If they do make a another Red Dead, i hope it will have better connection settings, because this game is by far the only game that causes so much problems with online connectivity. I never have any issue with connection on any other game i play on the PS3.

8. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,616 / 85 / -6
    It's older and it depends on the location of the servers too. In the beginning it honestly wasn't like this. I'd have to say all these 'lag' related issues started becoming a nightmare about.... a year ago for me. I play during off peak hours from time to time and it's pretty good. If I play during triple xp weekend FORGET IT lmao

9. ronnyhenri

ronnyhenri Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, i still have a lot of issues entering a lobby. Never had this problem in the beginning, don't know whats the cause of this. And its not just that, its also the lag, glitches and all. Like I said before I have no problem with other online games, just this one. i'm considering selling my copy and get it over with. Not sure if I would buy another Red Dead game. For me it ends here.

• Give a Beer Give a Beer x 1
  10. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,616 / 85 / -6
    It happens to a lot of games that are older. It's not a reflection on R* as a developer :P Just happens due to lack of funds. Can't keep a game up for free! So less servers to accommodate less players, which results in funky player matchups. If you're not being matched up then you're on your own sometimes! Either way it's not a great turn out :P

Next Red Dead should benefit from the next gen consoles. I can't wait to see what they've got in store. I also can't wait for the single player campaign. I actually really enjoyed RDR single player.

• Like Like x 1