1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farewell to Chew_Martinez

Discussion in 'News' started by Persht, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,624 / 85 / -6
    I have no idea how to do a proper gamers send off or send off in general. If anyone knew @chew_martinez, and even if you did not, then I am sad to say he has left us. In real life there is no respawn and our buddy has gone off to a lag free zone, if you believe in thay sort of thing. Whatever you believe I encourage you to have a moment of silence for an OG member of RDUS. Without this site I would have never become friends with him.

I originally created this site as a way to just keep in touch outside of the game but it grew into a Red Dead network where I met more people than I could imagine. I never wanted to write news like this but I had said I would share if something happened to members we knew.

I am grateful to have met Chew and I am sorry if none of you got to. He was a stand out member to me, especially in chat. He was one of the guys who could always find an appropriate, or inappropriate, meme. A real mellow guy and easy to get along with. His laugh was fucking contagious. You can always look over his old posts and maybe get a small feel for what he was like but it will never be like playing with him.

Rest in peace Chew. Your friends and family miss you. This post and long moment is dedicated to you. I hope you "geek out" there as often as you did here.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO HELP
    His family has only raised $2700 for the funeral and will need more money.
    I have a name and address available. Please private message me so I can give you an address to mail to.

If you are uncomfortable with that feel free to donate directly to the website. I will forward all funds to them.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  2. TequilaFire

TequilaFire Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,700 / 25 / -0
    This is sad news.
    Chew was a stand up guy and I will always have fond memories of him thinking I was a female.
    I am sure in whichever place he is now he has a controller in his hand!

3. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,624 / 85 / -6
    Lol! I remember that. He was shocked to know you were a dude haha.

4. KittyKAT15234

KittyKAT15234 Career Criminal

Ratings Received:
    +650 / 9 / -2
    im gonna miss that dude. never a bad word was said between us. im gonna miss our COD days. RIP buddy

5. Ariel_Massacre

Ariel_Massacre Super Human Zombie

Ratings Received:
    +514 / 6 / -0
    It is very unfortunate how he went. I'll miss the Chew I once knew, but that's it.

6. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,624 / 85 / -6
    BUMP
    His family needs help with funds, please private message me for the address to send the check to. I'm also willing to take paypal donations and then I'll write a check out for them *they don't have paypal*

7. Vette

Vette Corvette The Great One/The Muhammad Ali of RDR

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 25 / -10
    Well unfortunately, I never really got to play with him that I recall or much less get to know him. Though I've heard nothing but good of him and he seems to have been a pretty cool dude. One thing I can certainly remember about him was that I would always see him in the public chat. I mean if there was one person I could always count on seeing on here when I'd log in, it was him. Unfortunately, I never got to really know him and game with him. Regardless, he is still one of my RDR brothers and I wish his family and him (wherever he is) the best.

R.I.P. brother