1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hints of Red Dead Announcement in 2015?

Discussion in 'News' started by Persht, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,616 / 85 / -6
    This was taken from a recent Q&A style article on Rockstar Games Newswire. As you can see one of the questions is about our beloved Red Dead series!

Now there is no clear answer here, but they did specifically say "please stay tuned in 2015 for announcements". Don't get your hopes up, because Rockstar Games is known to take their sweet time with just about every game release. It's just good to hear them directly addressing much wanted reports of the next Red Dead.

Source: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...-answered-gtav-first-person-experience-online

• Like Like x 2
  2. silebyboy

silebyboy Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I'm keeping everything crossed x

3. hardcore killer

hardcore killer Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am going to use my game disk for skeet shooting and let everyone know that RDR is hacked so bad with the latest glitch not to buy it or anything that Rockstar creates due to lack of support. I spent 4 hours trying to find a server that didnt have the hack ( invisible players, stacks of people on ground causing issues and the ultimate where you go to a mission site and as soon as you enter, says you have completed it).

4. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,616 / 85 / -6
    Yeah you have to start single player first and then go to a private session @hardcore killer. This prevents the hack from getting to you. Alternatively you could uninstall it then install it again, play offline and through LAN.

5. TwinHardy

TwinHardy Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Private is no good either.
    Nothing works.
    Endless loading screens.
    No players.
    Invisible players.
    Blur glitches.
    Infinite XP boosts.
    No NPCs not even animals.
    RDR is broken and it's the only game I care to play online.
    If it doesn't get fixed I will never buy another R* game again.
    No support from Rockstar because they just want more money from people to buy the new game.
    I wouldn't be surprised if R* were behind hacking the games server themselves - a good way to make money so there's motive!
    I uninstalled GTA5 as soon as I released you can't take out your guns indoors - so couldn't shoot up a club. No good for me.
    Losing all faith in R* now.

6. 04Bonneville

04Bonneville Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Make sure everyone first reboots their consoles then follow what Persht posted above. All it takes is one infected player to gum up the works.

7. TwinHardy

TwinHardy Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And how exactly are we supposed to 'make sure' everybody reboots their consoles?
    Sounds like a cop out by Rockstar if you ask me, like passing the problem on to us gamers like should fix it for ourselves.
    How about Rockstar just employs some computer wizard hackers to block any and all attempts to corrupt the system? You know? Like keep these hackers out of the servers?

Unless of course, it actually WAS ROCKSTAR that purposely corrupted the servers and hacked it with glitches themselves - just to make gaming enthusiasts ditch their old titles and purchase GTA 5!?

Seems like too much of a coincidence to me that the hacker mod glitches stopped being fixed by Rockstar just around the time GTA 5 was out and popular.

Wouldn't have been so bad if GTA 5 was better, but unfortunately it sucks and RDR dumps on GTA5 from a great height!

8. 04Bonneville

04Bonneville Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You kinda have to know the people you're inviting. We had a small group during the last hack and this is how we got around it. The only other option is going public and having maybe 15 minutes of clean play before the sh__storm.

I'm not making excuses for Rockstar, don't have clue what's going on there, just saying this works as a last resort.

" RDR dumps on GTA5 from a great height!"

yeah, can't argue with that......

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  9. TwinHardy

TwinHardy Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well that's no good for me.
    I never kept track of other players.
    So I went on with just who's on.
    My favourite thing to do, was check map for players, look for a player on his own (probably trying to clear gang hideouts etc) then I would quickly camp teleport to his location and no reason harass the hell out of him until I drove him insane!
    If he left I would follow, everywhere on the map.
    Often these players had a friend so I'd end up chasing 2 players around the whole map.
    I recall one time was really funny because I had harassed these 2 same players form Mexico all he way to Tall Trees - never letting up and always on their asses right behind them. Every time I killed one or both, as soon as te respawned I was quickly back on their trail.
    They had the speaker on and every time I got close I could hear them freaking out, one even sounded genuinely scared lol probably because of my relentless tenacity to hunt them for no other reason than being a psycho haha

Oh I miss those days :D

10. silebyboy

silebyboy Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    TwinHardy, that sure brings back memories. I used to love doing the same thing but even more than that, I would love to annoy somebody until they gave chase. Hardcore was the best as I'd love to be able to disappear off the map and hide in a bush by the roadside and when they passed by spring out, shotgun them and be on my way again. I had some epic games of cat and mouse. I can honestly say that's the most fun I've ever had playing video games.

Stealing somebody's wagon when they were parked up and clearing a hideout was another favorite. Doing that gave me such a kick. Great times.

11. TwinHardy

TwinHardy Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    silebyboy, haha yeah Hardcore was the best no doubt. I loved to ambush people on road sides too.
    I got someone a cracker one time, it was one of those players on a super speed zebra who seemed to be able to autoaim headshots from range with a handgun. Maybe a cheater.
    Anyway I watched his moves on the map and predicted his direction, teleported ahead of him and waited.
    When he appeared I emerged from behind a tree and autoshotgunned his zebra - he flew off it, also injured.
    As he tried to run for cover I unloaded another lot of blasts in to his back
    I was so proud of my work I took a photo of me standing over his dead zebra like an old western hunting photo lol.
    He was so pissed he chased me after seeking revenge.
    To rub salt in the wound I would then exit to the outfits menu and wait for 5 minutes before returning lol.
    Yeah the most fun I ever had on a video game was no doubt RDR multiplayer.
    It was also my first multiplayer experience and no other game compared in my opinion.
    I remember those players who tried to use a wagon, I used to blow the whole thing up and kill the horses with dynamite lol

12. silebyboy

silebyboy Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Seems like we had a very similar playing style. Is/was your username the same as on here?

13. TwinHardy

TwinHardy Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes my username was the same.
    When Hardcore started to break and kept auto-exiting, I then took to harassing players in Normal and Friendly mode.

Friendly mode was funny because they couldn't die.
    So I would kill their horse, and as they attempted to gain XP fighting gangs etc, I would slash at them repeatedly with my knife and throwing knives up close.
    They ended up looking like a red striped zebra and pools of blood everywhere lol.
    It was funniest when they would whistle for their horse and desperately try to escape - but then I would shoot their horse as soon as it arrived.
    I hope when they make RDR2 you can lasso and hogtie in multiplayer mode.
    I would like to abduct players and slit their throats haha
    They better not remove throat slicing as they did in Undead Nightmare.
    Or I won't be buying it.