1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okkkkayyyy. What's goin on now?

Discussion in 'Glitches and Bugs' started by Brae, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Brae

Brae Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Been a while since I played some RDR, and I was really missin the whole zombie apocalypse thing. So I start it back up, only to realize somethins wrong with the game again. Now before I begin, yes. Again. I realize this is the multi-player side of the forum. But frankly, nobody else is really paying much attention to the single player offline campaigns, so. Whatever. I've been researching this, and found there's been at least one new patch I wasn't aware of. Now, the problem is anywhere between 5-10 minutes of gameplay, it goes haywire. NPC's start spawning without heads. Then sooner, people spawn instead of zombies, still with no head. Etc. Etc. And now, if you try to save your game, it goes to a black screen, and crashes. That whole, delete all data, clear catch thing. I don't understand it. If it's a patch, how do you remove the patch? Or does it come from Rockstar games themselves? Anybody got answers, cause I'm about to hang my hat on this game as a whole. Too many problems.

On a side note. As an old school gamer. I remember when they made a game. And it worked. That's it. I get newer games are more complicated and filled with more problems, glitches etc. But comon. It's a game on a disc. Last time I played it, these problems didn't exist. So why do they now? A PATCH!? You mean to tell me, that someone can write some code, upload it automatically to a system, which reads onto the disk, without you knowing, and it fucks up the entire game? I DON'T EVEN PLAY ONLINE! This one word, "Update" is pissing me off to no end. I don't wanna update. I wanna go back. Back to when things. Just. Worked. End of rant.

• Give a Beer Give a Beer x 1
  2. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,615 / 85 / -6
    If you're going to play single player then clear off everything from your system for red dead except your game save.
    Install it all again, then disconnect from the internet. Play it offline. IMO that's the safest way to get through. Hell you can probably play it offline without patches and experience it before all the "Fixes". I don't believe there were many game breaking glitches before they started any patches for zombies.

3. S738226

S738226 Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    get the GOTY for 20 bucks easy peasy

4. Brae

Brae Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    That's what I own, the GOTY edition. Double disk RDR and UDN. Yeah a few days later, I cleared the catch again. I deleted it first, so I guess I didn't know what I was doin. I even deleted my save files -_- . It fixed it though. Yeah, that new patch or whatever is beyond rediulous. Makes the Undead Nightmare not even playable. And anytime I load either game it still asks me for an update, every single time...any way to shut microsoft up? Again, to hell with updates.

• Give a Beer Give a Beer x 1
  5. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,615 / 85 / -6
    I don't know much about xbox to help you with that :\ I'd just unplug the darn thing from the internet lol

6. Brae

Brae Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Here's another weird thing. Got another glitch, but its...helpful. Dunno when exactly it happened, but it's permanent. I somehow have infinite build/phosphorus coating. Basically anything that requires something IE: plants/undead parts/ammo. I don't know how. I don't know why. But it costs me nothing. Tried looking up if I had accidently entered a button cheat code of some sort. Can't seem to find anything. So it has to be a glitch. (Never, have I ran into a glitch that worked in my favor). So eh...this happen to anyone else?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,615 / 85 / -6
    I ran into a glitch where no matter how much i collected it didn't update :P Your glitch is way better than my glitch. I had to start over lmao

8. Brae

Brae Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    lol. I know, it's crazy. Weird how it's permanent though.

9. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,615 / 85 / -6
    It is but it's a nice glitch to have lol