1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voting Out The Campers on Your Team

Discussion in 'Red Dead Discussion' started by OuttLaw_Cassidy3, Sep 18, 2011.

1. OuttLaw_Cassidy3

OuttLaw_Cassidy3 The Noob after RRS187

Ratings Received:
    +171 / 3 / -0
    In every public match there is at least 1 camper on a team who will get a ton of votes from the opposition but not from their own team. Alot of people decide to not vote out campers on their team until the match is over which I find a bit sad because it shows they really want to win and will do anything for the win. In my opinion if someone on your team is camping then you should do either two things teamkill them or help out and vote them out even if that means spamming the vote to kick to get everyone to notice what you're trying to do.
    So people remember to do the right thing and vote out your campers.

2. OIDACRA

OIDACRA Marshal

Ratings Received:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    well what i do is run up to them, crouch next to them and push them out of cover. it's hilarious to see them stand up and make doughnuts trying to find cover.

3. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,623 / 85 / -6
    I only do it if it seriously bothers someone I know. If we are in public it's a tough love thing. I won't vote them out until 2-3 matches of people asking me to do it. I don't feel I should be kicking people out of a game just because I can't adapt.

But I will do it and have done it. Ive also team killed. Though most of the time that's done no good because what's the point? Might as well do a private session because sooner or later another one comes along to fuck it up :p I just live with it like I do with deadeye :)

4. OldGravity

OldGravity Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I think voting some one out for doing something that is clearly not cheating is very rude. You may not like that style of play, and I agree with you on that, but it's a legitimate part of the game. Voting people out because they don't subscribe to the rules you made up is kind of ridiculous IMO.

For example, I hate dynamite. I don't think chucking dynamite is how this game should be played. But, it's been put there in the game by the designers. If I started voting people out simply for using dynamite I would be overstepping the boundaries of my control over the game.

In any case, you shouldn't need to vote them out, as campers almost never pose a serious problem for good players. The game is well-balanced in that respect - any regular camping spot (other than maybe some of the new M+M maps) will have more than one way to approach, so you can sneak up on a camper and kill them. I am an average player at best, nothing special, but if there is a camper causing me or my team trouble, I very often will approach them from some oblique angle and remove them.

Now, some of these new maps have some spots that make it tough to stop campers. In El Presidio, I have died several times in a row trying to get the guy in the tallest tower. I think they can always hear you coming. But as people play more we'll figure out solutions.

I say this with all due respect as I'm sure you're a better player than I, and I understand that it can be frustrating when people act like jerks, which is often in this game - but I think you are putting off limits so much of this game that it's unreasonable. If camping is simply using cover to you, then almost no one I have ever seen play the game deserves to play it, by your standard. Again, not flaming you - I don't know you and I think I've played a game or two with you before and don't remember the outcome. Just some friendly discourse about a video game. :)

Yikes, didn't realize my first post here would be so lengthy. It's late and I can't sleep. :(

5. DooDoo

DooDoo OG: Original Gluesniffer

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I don't vote anyone out. I guess I just don't care enough. It is a video game after all. But when I see a player that's dug in like a tick, getting multiple kills, I try to make it job 1 to find a way to get at them. And there's always a way, you just have to find the solution.

And speaking of voting, lately I have been getting voted out of FFA matches for no reason, and it's almost always when I have a comfortable lead. If people don't want you in a match, why don't they just go to a private session? #smh

6. AE86slider84

AE86slider84 Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I agree wit doo doo. Yesterday I can't even remember how many times I got voted from a room. Some were even saying I know him he's on rdr.us. one fucker went as far as to check the leader boards and said my rank was like 472 then told everyone to kick me. And I was on hi.s side! I remember being at121 Damn I had no life I was on like 24/7 lmao

7. jaydog7714

jaydog7714 Gunslinger

Ratings Received:
    +151 / 1 / -0
    u should get that published!

8. jaydog7714

jaydog7714 Gunslinger

Ratings Received:
    +151 / 1 / -0
    if i get killed by a camper a few times and hes camping hard i try to vote him out but never get enough votes.i just dont want to be bothered with having to climb up on some roof or something and waste my time killing a camper when after he respawns hes just gonna go back camping somewhere else,its fucking annoying.

9. kpayn68

kpayn68 Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You guys that bitch about campers should make a game of trying to kill them. If you've played the maps enough, you know how/where to sneak up on them and surprise them with a shotgun in the ear.

Taking cover occasionally when you're outnumbered is called strategy, not cheating. It is only a game, but I don't know to many people that like to play games and not figure out ways to win. Unless you're utilizing glitches to cheat, using tools or mechanics of the game as it was designed shouldn't be an issue.

10. db22

db22 Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Some of the most fun in this game was and still is the classic posse wars, where people camp, deadeye, hit R1, or play however they want! a long ass time ago, when i ran right into the middle of a posse war with punisherNY187, and Billybad, and a few others, they was all kinds of campin and deadeye, R1, hiding and taking cover! those were the best battles ever! When i was on punishers team, some times we won, and sometimes the other guys did! i hate camping but wow! those are the best and funnest matches! Just ask persht, and pun, now theres all these unwritten rules and people want you to play how they do! people use to play to win!!!!

11. DooDoo

DooDoo OG: Original Gluesniffer

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    ^^^ This.

I wish I had a mic, every time I sneak up on a camper I've been stalking, I shout "SURPRISE, MOTHERFUCKER!!" Too bad nobody can hear me.

12. ShadowRaven9

ShadowRaven9 Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -1
    I don't bitch about the campers, I am a camper killer and they keep me active, if i get killed by a camper, i warn him i will be right back ,don't move, and 90% of the time they will stay put in the same spot, and 90% of the time i kill them there, then i tell them "I told you i would be back ,thank u come again "

13. FRED_FLINTSTONE3

FRED_FLINTSTONE3 Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 2 / -0
    A camper doesnt bother me as much as it use too, if someone has to hide to kill me; i take that as they are scared of me and they cant kill me no other way. Vote to kick this post lol

14. dallastrekkie

dallastrekkie Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I agree with oldgravity. imo if you get whacked by a camper that means you know where he's hiding. kill him. done. just cuz he doesn't play the way you want him too, ya wanna vote him out? hell sometimes I hide so I can go get another beer from the fridge. don't vote me out! just getting my drink on! maybe someone should make a video and show everyone how to play properly. ha! its part of the game people. changing the way you play is easier than changing the way everyone else plays.

15. twurkmusic

twurkmusic <b>The Red Dead Rebel</b>

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I agree w/ Persht & OldGravity. The reason I never get bored w/ this game is b/c every time I play, it's different. People are going to do different things. I enjoy finding a creative way (if necessary) to deal w/ a camper or someone who is hiding behind a box (& wont come out). Unless it's a team killer, I rarely vote to kick any1 for playing how they choose. If I have that much of a problem w/ it, I will just change sessions.

"I play the game to win, not to make my opponent happy."

16. OuttLaw_Cassidy3

Ratings Received:
    +171 / 3 / -0
    Camping is alright with alot of people it seems I guess I'll posse up with campers when ever I'm in a session with you guys, but don't worry if they annoy you just let them its no need to vote them out.

17. kpayn68

kpayn68 Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cassidy, you've posse'd up with campers numerous times when you were losing. Or have you forgotten?

18. Ariel_Massacre

Ariel_Massacre Super Human Zombie

Ratings Received:
    +514 / 6 / -0
    It's not that camping is alright with a lot of us.. It's usually just not that big of a deal.

19. OuttLaw_Cassidy3

Ratings Received:
    +171 / 3 / -0
    Honestly all of you vote to kick campers and sometimes even spam the vote if no one is helping out....

20. FRED_FLINTSTONE3

FRED_FLINTSTONE3 Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 2 / -0
    Nah I only vote to kick Pyro, get the pyro boot ha ha