1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New to Red Dead please advise

Discussion in 'Red Dead Discussion' started by petester, Oct 21, 2016.

1. petester

petester Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello I'm me here and to Red Dead, I haven't gotten far yet maybe played for a few hours,can you guys please tell me about the game?

The game is primarily about bounty hunting and the acquisitions are money and weapons yes?

Hunting is target practice and making money selling hides? there is no crafting?

I noticed that there is herb collecting ,what are these used for?is there alchemy ?

I found 2 treasure maps,do these play a big part in the game?

I'm basically asking how to play the game successfully,I thought that this would be the place for guidence.

I've played other open world games for weeks at time before finding out things beneficial to me and don't want to do that this time.

Thanks for your time

2. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,612 / 85 / -6
    There's no crafting. There's a lot of things to do and achievements, which a lot of these are for.

It's a fun western to immerse yourself in. Listen to the story. Do some whacky things (put a bad guy on some railroad tracks and wait for something horrible to happen).

The best way to play the game is how you want! You can be bad or good. You can obsess over trophies or you can fuck around in the open world. Stalk NPCs and see what they do. Find new horses. etc etc.

3. petester

petester Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    cool thanks!

4. deacon_frost

deacon_frost Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Just grab a high powered pistol, go online, set your aiming to casual and let the good times roll, baby!!!!! Oh, and if anyone bitches at you just tell them you don't speak English. Also, tell them you are (.net) and they can GTFO!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  5. Wobbly Orphan

Wobbly Orphan Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Good game. Well, that's an understatement. Amazing game. The extras are great. The story is great. If you have only played for a few hours, you're not going to be very far. If you are an aggressive player who likes messing around, I suggest doing bounties to get your money up so you can pay your bounties off. I don't know what to tell you really. But, I suggest you follow that tip if you are the aggressive type.