1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Rockstar scrap RDR2??

Discussion in 'Red Dead Discussion' started by deacon_frost, Jan 19, 2018.

1. deacon_frost

deacon_frost Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I just read where GTA5 was the 6th biggest selling game in 2017!! Not bad since that game launched in 2013. Now, the reason I asked that question is simply this...It has happened to games before that were eagerly anticipated , StarWars 1313 and Resident Evil to name a few, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Another reason I ask that is this...We've heard NOTHING since the trailer, not one word. Now, one would have to think that (with the game coming in spring) we would have had to heard something?? Also, Rockstar knows that GTA is their cash cow so to speak. And they just might have made the greatest game of all time, those are lofty standards they have set. They have poured more time and effort into GTA5 than any company ever has into a game! Since Rockstar started releasing games in 99, they have released 1 or more every year until 2013...why have they stopped? Also, the questions about the "in-fighting" with R* and Take Two...wonder if those rumors are true? Anyway, I would like to hear some of your all's thoughts on this.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  2. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,622 / 85 / -6
    I don't think they're scrapping it haha. RDR was a success and I think they plan to make about as much as GTA V in it's first few years. They've got too much banking on it at the moment to drop the project. Money would have to kill it now but I'm sure Take2 wouldn't let let R* sink like that. I don't doubt there may be fighting. As I've read before... RDR development was a disaster and there was quite a few employees who openly admitted that it wasn't their favorite job. Game was great but it sounds like it was made in hell haha. Take2 is the parent company and they want nothing more than to please shareholders. R* is the studio and they likely want a great AAA game but of course they have to take considerations from the parent company as well. Likely too many cooks in the kitchen, too many plants for monetization early on, and I don't know. Lots to speculate on that.

We've got too many trailers and screenshots imo to scrap it.

I predict delay to Fall 2018. Spring is getting verrrryyyyyyyyy close and there's almost NO further updates? I don't see any billboards or teasers. It's concerning but a lot of us are certain Fall is the real release time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. deacon_frost

deacon_frost Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I hope you're right Persht!! I guess my fear was the Resident Evil game that was scrapped (when the game was done, essentially) worried me. It's happened before and now R* hasn't done ANYTHING since the cash from GTA5 started rolling in. My concern was that they are going to focus their efforts on the GTA franchise now because simply...It makes more money for them than they can even count!!