1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RDR 2 online is free? Like totally free?

Discussion in 'Red Dead Discussion' started by Chinny-againny, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +217 / 27 / -1
    This is probably a dumb question but I am new to both RDR 2 and Ps4. The rockstar website has stated that the new RDR online Beta will be "free to the public" for anyone who already owns the game.....my question is does that mean that I don't need a ps+ account to play RDR2 online or will I need to pay the annual fee of 59.99 USD? I don't want to pay for PS+ if I don't need to and this will most likely be the only game that I play online....please let me know....I asked rockstar directly and the guy I chated with online was clueless....

2. TequilaFire

TequilaFire Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,698 / 25 / -0
    I bought a physical copy of RDR2 and on my disk jacket it says "Online multiplayer requires a PlayStation Plus membership."
    So yes you need plus,

3. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +217 / 27 / -1
    OK thought so but just thought I'd ask...rumors are now saying late November for Launch anyhow.....I'm only 41% through single player so plenty of time left to start a ps+ account......just dropped 430 on the ps4 pro with the game a week or so ago.....not trying to drop another 60 on PS+ until online starts...I want to get the most out my "year subscription"....