1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else...

Discussion in 'Red Dead Discussion' started by deacon_frost, Dec 9, 2018.

1. deacon_frost

deacon_frost Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    And by anyone else, I mean Chinny, like the PvP games on RDR2? They are just not doing it for me like the old games did. Can't really put my finger on it. Choose your weapon is garbage...Make it count is boring because everybody just hides...death rider (or whatever it's called) blows. The strong point isn't bad but it still is kind of a mess. Is the racing fun ? I've tried 100 times to get into one and it kicks me every time!!! Sorry...I'm pouting. I noticed this when I played a lot of Battlefront..the big team matches don't work because everyone is too stupid do objectives. They'd rather camp kill spawn points...and have you noticed...it's easy to do on this game? I think that's weird. Anyway...thoughts??

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  2. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Gunslinger

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 27 / -1
    A couple of things, it takes practice. Make it count does kind of suck right now I agree. I actually like Hostile territory (stronghold more or less) and Most wanted the best. You really have to get you headshots down. I am rarely winning matches but usually coming in 4th or 5th. My biggest complaint is that in the old one all weapons had a purpose and in this one I hardly use revolvers at all. I'm either trying to get headshots with a rifle or using the pump action shotgun at close range (well worth the investment). I bought an extra holster the other day and was all psyched to have dual wielding with my weapons and found it to be sort of useless since headshots are the only way to go. It seems pretty basic at this point though because you can't even choose matches....it's just random. At some point I'm sure you will be able to pick and choose and they may even and more types. I did manage to get into a race and did a couple bu my horse sucked at the time so I kept losing. I do like the one where you have to go point to point on a map. My biggest issue is I can never find the gang hideouts in regular free roam and 90% of the stranger missions that I try don't work. I get a cut scene and then nothing happens and I don't know why. I am really enjoying it though and I spend more time doing showdown missions than anything. My guess would be that they will iron out some of the kinks in the matches and make them better once they manage to fix everything else...the economy is better now, and they are clearly are still having issues with regular free roam since stranger missions are jacked (I just stopped trying all together. I miss getting golden guns and getting new horses with each level...gaining legendary status, etc. I'm still sort of surprised there are not more people playing right now.....The Lobby's are not that crowded.

• Like Like x 1
  3. deacon_frost

deacon_frost Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I agree with that. The lobbies are weird in a way...It seem as if there is always one person (very high level) and they overpower everyone!!! Played with a guy yesterday that was an 84!!! Had all the guns and all the express ammo and ruled the room!! That's garbage!!! SW battlefront did the same thing with that star-card bullshit. People were overpowering everyone in the rooms (because if you pre ordered you got all of it ). Also...NO ANNOUNCER?!?!!? They screwed up IMO not putting that in!! This game is so buggy it's unreal!!! Just disappointing I guess...rant over...OH LOOK...Make it count!!!! yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

4. deacon_frost

deacon_frost Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Have you noticed that people have started rubberbanding? Had two guys on my team doing it yesterday.

5. Chinny-againny

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 27 / -1
    RUBBERBANDING? Not familiar with this term.

6. _PR_Terrorist__

_PR_Terrorist__ Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    The character doesn’t move, aim, duck, shoot or even hide behind cover the same way it did in 1. Its exactly like gta pvp system. If I press r1 he doesn’t clench to the spot he’ll just crouch n won’t shoot over it . Or how headshots are only one point, I have a video of me killing 6 guys in a row all headshots n I only get 1 point each then get shot with a shotty n they get 6 . Hopefully they make actual pvp maps n not have it set like it’s a free roam battle with a score board.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chinny-againny

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 27 / -1
    You must be ref. to Make it Count with the head shots.....that particular match is designed so that closer range weapons are worth more....Tomahawk is the hardest to kill with so it is worth the most. Not all game modes are like that. I personally like most wanted the best thus far. I agree though that I wish the movement controls were more like RDR 1. I still have yet to get good at head shots....getting better but I don't win matches too often.

8. Chinny-againny

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 27 / -1
    Sorry....I realized that it was Most wanted not Make it count...