1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm having a hard time...

Discussion in 'Red Dead Discussion' started by deacon_frost, Jan 3, 2019.

1. deacon_frost

deacon_frost Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Enjoying anything in RDR online anymore. The games have become stale to me at this point. Free roam is boring. None of the hideouts pop up. Everything is expensive, and these ability cards are the WORST!! The matches are ruled by high level guys. Played with a guy today, that I swear, NEVER ran out of deadeye. Just blew you down with express ammo anytime you got close enough. Hopefully more content is coming...but i'm not so sure it will change much. Eat food, build up cores, drop into a match and my cores are red after getting killed one time!! Not being able to skip maps is wretched. They got a lot right with the first game and took NONE of that into this game! If I wanted to play GTA...I'd play GTA!!

2. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Gunslinger

Ratings Received:
    +228 / 27 / -1
    I agree that there is nothing much to do in free roam once you get the black Arabian horse with gold bars earned...about the only thing I do is get my treasure maps every 5 levels. I do like some of the free roam events that pop up and I also agree that the gang hideouts never spawn and at this point I don't really need them. Even after buying the black arabian I have around 50 gold bars and over 2000 bucks....I have all of the guns that I feel I need and have all of them upgraded and the ability cards that I am using are all maxed out as well. As far as matches go they will eventually allow you to choose the match you want but I have not had the issues that you describe. I hardly see people using deadeye and those that are seem to be using it poorly. I hardly ever use deadeye and just go for headshots all day with my bolt action or lancaster. If someone is close I bust out the pump action shotgun. I don't win too many matches when it's a free for all but I win on teams a lot. I prefer to play showdown series large since by playing that one can avoid make it count which had gotten really boring....kill one guy, get killed, then wait 8 minutes while on one kills anyone.....I hate that match. If you're getting that bored posse up with some guys on mic. and go raise some hell.....that's always fun.

3. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,624 / 85 / -6
    Just got it recently... Bored after a couple weeks. It's beta but Im sad there is not more. I have been playing a ton of free aim games too and the auto aim is aggravating. Showdown series is great when my headshots count. I hate the hat headshot ability card with a passion. I hate that dead eye is a drinkable thing and not hard earned. So the competitive side is a drag for me. I MISS roll dodge because this dive dodge is clumsy.

I hate that I cant seem to move freely in the world. Its as if my character and horse are trying to snap to designated points or lines.

RDRO so far is clumsy and beautiful. I love hunting but dislike getting jumped by the "afk" dudes. Sometimes I just want to hunt without a fight ffs lol. So I want a passive mode or for like passivr zones in town...

The most fun I have is the free roam events. King of the castle and dispatch the ride are meh but the others are fun.

I want moreee

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Gunslinger

Ratings Received:
    +228 / 27 / -1
    I like the ffa shootout events...pistols or bow and arrow. I do like the showdown series a lot but I've been at it a while and I rarely win a match that isnt team related. I'll play a most wanted and do pretty darn well and have 200+ pints to some other guys 400+ even when I use the cheater cards like slow and steady, never without one etc. I guess I just suck even at level 130......