1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on ability cards?

Discussion in 'Red Dead Discussion' started by Chinny-againny, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Gunslinger

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 27 / -1
    just wondering if anyone has an idea of the best loadout for ability cards to cause the most damage possible. I had these 4 for a while and liked them: Slow and steady, winning streak, cold blooded, peak condition. the only problem is you don't use deadeye much with these and it's hard to go up against someone using deadeye because yours will run out faster.

currently I am trying this loadout and practicing deadeye but the results are not great: Slow and steady, eye for an eye, winning streak, and another one I can't remember the name of but it's the oune that heals your damage for 5 seconds right after a kill. Seem to be getting my butt kicked with these and maybe that's because I'm trying to use deadeye more and suck at it.

So, what I am looking for is something that will cause the most damage without needing deadeye and will also restore some health....everything I find online is about getting deadeye as fast as possible and I'm not sure that I am all about that....I do plan on keeping slow and steady though as it comes in handy at times and I think it's the best deadeye card.

Obviously headshots are tho goal just like rdr1 but Seem to only manage a 3:1 KD ratio at best in most wanted matches. Usually it's more like 1.5:1...I win sometimes and often land in the top 5 but don't actually win a match too often.

2. deacon_frost

deacon_frost Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    These ability cards have ruined this game!! If you are a lower level player...you just get melted anytime you get near a high level player. Slow and steady,T eye for an eye, the unblinking eye and never without one is the "God" build. That's the one everyone uses. The healing cards don't do much because this is a head shot game now. The damage dealing cards (I don't think) have as much effect as people think they do. The "God" build (at least) gives you some chance against the head shots.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chinny-againny

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 27 / -1
    I am currently using slow and steady, eye for an eye, cold blooded and winning streak and I will admit I am getting better with the use of deadeye and winning more matches or at least getting more points. I agree though I wish they'd get rid of some of those cards. I did not buy thins game so that I would be in deadeye for an entire match....I prefer the way it was on red dead one where everyone basically had the same ability and guns in each match. It allowed you to try out different weapons and master them as well as keep an even playing field. I actually gave rockstar feedback regarding this. You should do the same if you have not already. I will admit though it's pretty funny when I go into a match at this point and have deadeye active and get called trash by other players or get accused of hacking. Some folks were getting pretty angry with me last night and I have to admit it was entertaining.

• Like Like x 2
  4. deacon_frost

deacon_frost Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I agree Chinny. The old game you came in, stole a good horse, did the hideout near Macfarlane's Ranch, got the same guns everyone else had, go raise hell!! This GAME...I could go on all day with my frustration!!! These ability cards...guys just stay in deadeye the whole match!! Eating headshot after headshot like they're the terminator!! The modes are an abomination!! I don't know of ONE person that says "I LOVE THIS GAME"!!

5. Chinny-againny

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 27 / -1
    I actually do love it but I have a lot to gripe about as well. At this point I'm kind of hoping that they do a reset when the final product comes out but that you ate least get to keep your horse, weapons, and clothes. They could reset me to level one with 0 dollars for all I care as I long as I get to keep my stuff and it would be nice if they got rid of the Varmint rifle in PVP (which is why most people are using deadeye all the time now) as well as all ability cards and set matches so that you only have certain types of weapons to use like they did with the dummy in the lobby on the old RDR. My biggest complaint about GTA5 was that it was not always an even playing field. That was one of the things I liked about RDR 1. Although I am kind of loving that the varmint rifle fiends can't kill me anymore and are having a melt down on the mic over it. They shoot like 8 heashots at me and start screaming and then I kill them with one bullet from my lancaster with regular ammo at that. I tell them to get rid of the varmint rifle, figure out their cards, and start actually playing with some skill...they don't like that too much lol.

• Give a Beer Give a Beer x 1
  6. Chinny-againny

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 27 / -1
    current lineup: Slow and steady, Unblinking eye, cold blooded, and winning streak all at tier 3. This is my favorite set up so far. I can use slow and steady to stop the varmint rifle and headshot them, and winning streak counters slow and steady by providing enough body damage in 2 or 3 shots with a lancaster repeater equiped with express rounds. i'm not winning every most wanted match that I play but I'm scoring high in most cases.