1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

controller issues

Discussion in 'Red Dead Discussion' started by Chinny-againny, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Gunslinger

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 27 / -1
    So,

I have noticed lately that when I press L2 or L3 to sprint on the standard FPS setting my charcter will just stop dead when I turn a corner or use the look function and turn it too much. It seems to be happening a lot and is really annoying. Anyone else having this problem and have a way to fix it? i'll be chasing after a guy and about to shoot him and then just stop. Deacon Frost you're my only hope.....

2. deacon_frost

deacon_frost Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I've not had that happen to me, yet. At least...I don't think I have. My game is REALLY buggy!! Is your's? I've even went wired in hoping it would help a little! I have great internet here where I am (not patting myself on the back). I've gotten the drop on so many people, only to get melted down! I'm not sure if it's an online issue? Maybe I suck? I have people disappearing and reappearing, I get the kill X only to get buried with a tomahawk because I've looked the other way and they aren't dead, just weird. Hopefully with this new update they can correct some things, Chinny.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  3. Chinny-againny

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 27 / -1
    So...it might actually be my controller which sucks because my system was brand new as of November. I seem to stop moving every time I turn to the right while sprinting. This does not happen when I turn to the left. If I adjust how I hold the controller a bit it works better but not always. Last night I wiped off the left analog stick as well as the right and that helped a bit. It does not seem to happen as much in free roam but all the time in showdown matches. I am using the standard FPS setting so I run with l3 instead of having to mash X all the time..maybe that's the issue. I dunno but at this point any time I turn right while running I also double tap r3 to make sure I keep running. I doubt this will be an issue with any other games so I'm not going to shell out money for a new controller since it seems to be an RDR2 issue....not sure how to fix it though.....I will report it to rockstar though just in case.

4. Chinny-againny

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 27 / -1
    After doing some research it looks like it is probably a controller issue. I looked up some quick fix videos so apparently I'm going to wrap my lips around each analog and blow as hard as I can and then do 30 clicks of r3 and l3 in the fixed position, up, down, left, and right and that will hopefully fix it. I'll let you know when I get home from work if it works or not....if not apparently I have to take the controller apart and clean it but I don't want to do that if I don't have to. Apparently this is a common issue with the dual shock 4 and these fixes supposedly work pretty well....

5. Chinny-againny

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 27 / -1
    Turns out it was my controller and not the game. this is surprising considering that I still have the original controller for my PS3 and it still works fine and after just a few short months my dual shock 4 is having issues. That being said, I took the steps listed above and now my controller works like new so it is an easy fix, no need to take it apart or anything, I just blew into the analog ports and did the 30 clicks for R3 and L3 in all directions and now it works just fine. I can finally turn right again which is good because I was starting to fee like Derrick Zoolander....it may not last forever but seems to be there was just some dust or something in it causing the issues. It made it a lot easier to play matches last night that's for sure.

6. TequilaFire

TequilaFire Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,700 / 25 / -0
    Sadly I am on my fourth DS4 controller in 5 years.
    But I do play ESO more than 8 hours a day.

7. Chinny-againny

Ratings Received:
    +226 / 27 / -1
    I have not had to get a new one yet.....but I seem to have to blow mine out and do all of the clicks every few days....when that stops working I'll look into a new controller.