1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad update 1.06

Discussion in 'Red Dead Discussion' started by Chinny-againny, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Gunslinger

Ratings Received:
    +228 / 27 / -1
    Don't particularly like the new update at all. have not tried any free roam stuff but I guess that is better. Unfortunately showdown series kind of sucks now which is mostly what I play and they went and messed with female character hair so the hairstyle that I liked on my character no longer exists which sucks. They changed it to something that makes her look like she is balding so I had to change it to something that I could at least live with. Make sure to send rockstar feedback about your likes and dislikes with the new update. I like the fact that they fixed weapon loadout though and Most Wanted is more fun to play now because I can actually get more kills....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chinny-againny

Ratings Received:
    +228 / 27 / -1
    Amazingly, Rockstar replied within 24 hours and gave a me a suggestion to fix some of my issues with online play and character hair. They also gave me 5 gold bars and 100 cash so that's even better then what you get with the treasure chests every 5 levels. I have not tried the fix suggestion that they gave me yet but am going to later today so we will see if it actually works or not. This also might work for other people as well that are having minor issues so I'm going to tell you what they told me. They said to completely power down my PS4 for about a minute, then power it up, and while loading up the game to hold down L1 and R1 while booting up the game. I have not tried this before so we will see if it actually works or not.

3. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,624 / 85 / -6
    What other issues did you have? L1 and R1 while booting the game? Maybe it clears the game cache or something.

Great tip and thanks.

I wasn't that amused with the update either. I really really love the looks of the game and it has the potential to be everything I wanted. I'm afraid by the time they update it and bring it out of beta that I'll be rolling around dead in my grave lol!

4. Chinny-againny

Ratings Received:
    +228 / 27 / -1
    OMG....so many things went wrong with that update.....the hair was not fixed...guess they changed the one hairstyle I was using on my character for some reason and now she looks bald with it so I am using a different one.....holding L1 and R1 did nothing, I have also had issues where the heart/lightning bolt inside the circle is not white so I can't see my cores, same thing with my horse, this only happens some of the time....the fact that you automatically get the repeater carbine every time you respawn in name your weapon is annoying AF because I only use the shotgun in that match so every time I respawn I have to switch to the shotgun and then pause for a sec. to do the gun cokcing animation before I can move again. It used to be that when you respawn you have the last weapon used and it is already cocked. I am getting used to the nerfed deadeye though and it's actually starting to feel more like read dead 1 in matches and I don't have to rely on deadeye all the time like I was before. I even won a most wanted in tall trees for the first time last night! I've only won that style of match in Saint Denis and Tumbleweed.

5. TequilaFire

TequilaFire Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,700 / 25 / -0
    I just haven't been able to get into RDR2 like I did the original.
    It has everything to do with the controls and slow character movement.
    @Persht good to see you!

6. Chinny-againny

Ratings Received:
    +228 / 27 / -1
    Yeah it's definitely an adjustment and I do so miss doing a roll into a head shot as opposed to diving to the side and then trying to shoot as I stand up. I get that it's more realistic but not as fun.....I still enjoy the online game play quite a bit but only showdown matches. I spend little to no time in free roam which is sad because on red dead 1 I could spend just as much time in free roam as I could in pvp matches...now I just hunt when I run out of food, pick up exprrss bullets at the post office and chewing tobacco, and go find the occasional treasure map.....